What to expect from a successful agent – beyond a license
The current Colorado Denver Metro Real Estate market is hot – really hot. With a low inventory of homes for sale and an abundance of Denver Metro Realtors, selecting the right professional to work with is more important than ever. Between the steady increase in home values and a near constant influx of new buyers to the market, the allure of working in real estate for new agents is obvious. On the other hand, these same factors mean that new agents face a competitive market that school alone simply can’t prepare them for.
If you’re considering buying a home in Denver or selling a home in Denver, the following questions can help you identify agents with a track record proven to help you successfully navigate the competitive Denver Metro Real Estate market.
Choose the right agent for your next home purchase or sale:
- How many successful listings have you had in the past 12 months?
- Is there an area, neighborhood, or price point that you specialize in?
- What is the average days on market (DOM) at my price point?
- What is your availability? Do you have support staff in place if you’re unavailable?
- How do you handle marketing listings at my price point and communicating with clients?
- How long have you been working in this area, do you make neighborhood recommendations?
- In this market, at my price point, do you recommend I list my home before beginning to look for my next home?
- Do you have references that I can contact directly?
- How long have you held your license in Colorado?
- Do you provide additional support services such as property management and staging?
With these questions on hand you should be better prepared to select an agent for your real estate transaction. Keep in mind that while the Denver Metro Real Estate market in general is very competitive right now, inventory and pace of market varies per price range. Choosing an experienced agent who knows how to position your home for sale for the current conditions within a location and price range is even more crucial to your success.
Lori Corken is the owner, managing broker, and Denver Metro Realtor, of Corken + Company, a real estate group located in the Denver Metro area that focuses on the south suburban areas of Lone Tree, Castle Pines, Centennial, Greenwood Village, Highlands Ranch and Castle Rock.With over 20 years of experience, Lori has earned a reputation with her peers as a tenacious agent and tough negotiator. Her clients rely on her attentive listening and extensive neighborhood knowledge to ensure their best interests are put first. Corken + Company hopes to be your partner for Denver Metro Real Estate and all of your Real Estate Solutions Without Limits.