If you’re looking to lease a home in Denver, there are many options available to you. It is important to first know what you’re looking for and how to find the perfect fit.
Buying a home in Denver may not be an option for everyone. As housing prices have raised over the years with the influx of people moving to the mile high city, prices are competitive. This, coupled with a changing market means that it may be easier for some to lease a home instead. Denver rental companies often have high costs and aren’t always neighborhood experts. If you work with a trusted real estate company like Corken + Company you will also be able to utilize our experience, resources, and passion for helping people.
Whether you need a short-term solution or you’re simply not at a point where a purchase makes sense, Corken + Company can help find an available luxury home to lease that fits your needs. We’ve got your how to guide on finding a lease in Denver.
How to Lease a Home in Denver
- Research the neighborhood. The neighborhood you choose to move into is vital. Our neighborhood experts can help you narrow down your options and find the neighborhood that satisfies your desires. They’ll help you decipher data. This may include average housing cost, community, schools, commute, environment, amenities, and more.
- Learn the Walkscore. Do you know what a walk score is? If you’re looking to rent an apartment, condo, town home, or house in downtown Denver or LoHi, then the walk score is very important for you. This score tells you how walkable the area is. In addition, what is in walking distance and if errands can be run on foot.
- Be aware of amenities. Many amenities are included in the rent of the location. This can include laundry, pool, gym, outdoor space, cable, internet, parking, pet friendliness and more. Be sure to ask the superintendent or landlord about amenities.
- Low Maintenance. One of the major perks of renting a home in Denver is the low maintenance. Are you responsible for lawn care, snow removal, and damaged appliances? Avoid extra expenses by finding out exactly what’s included in in the cost of your rent and what you are responsible for. Yard maintenance could fall on you if not discussed prior to signing a lease.
- Talk to a Professional. Corken + Company is here to answer all your questions about renting and leasing in Denver. Our highly experienced real estate agents, neighborhood experts and brokers can help you find the rental property in Denver that’s right for you.
Where to Lease a Home in Denver
When it comes to renting and leasing in Denver, there are many options in terms of neighborhoods. You can find a lease in just about any part of town, but you’ll want to do some research and go visit each different area while making your decisions. At Corken + Company, we recommend looking in the following areas if you’d like to be outside of metro Denver: Cherry Hills rentals, Littleton rentals, Castle Rock rentals, or Lone Tree rentals. Our neighborhood experts can help you discover which neighborhood would best suit your need and the needs of you family.
If you want to be in metro Denver and tap into the pulse of this thriving, growing city, there are many areas you can look in that are teeming with great rentals. Some neighborhoods that are wonderful option to lease a home in Denver include: Washington Park, City Park, Uptown, Downtown, LoDo (lower Downtown), LoHi (lower Highlands), Cherry Creek, and Sloan’s Lake.
There are many options to lease a home in Denver and either lease to own, or save money while you’re renting to save up to buy a home in Denver.